Hebden Bridge Tourism Guide
On this page, you can download a copy of the Hebden Bridge Tourism Guide. Below you will find weblinks to much of what's listed in the leaflet. They're from a variety of sources but we hope still helpful.
Here are helpful links to the many attractions featured in the Hebden Bridge Visitor Guide (panel by panel), starting with your first place to stop: Hebden Bridge Visitors Centre tel 01422 843831 email firstname.lastname@example.org
21 things to see and do panel
- Hebden Bridge station information and history
- Brief history of the old stone bridge that gives the town its name and which celebrated its 500th Birthday in 2010.
- Fustian Knife sculpture history and pictures. Hebden's textile making history - when it was known as 'Trouser Town' - continues to this day.
- Rochdale canal pictures
- Boat Trip on the Canal from Stubbing Wharf
- Calder Holmes park and skatepark
- Picture House (cinema)
- Trades Club music venue
- Little Theatre
- Hebden Bridge award-winning market
- Hardcastle Crags
- Moors: Stoodley Pike walk scroll down for other walks
- Mytholmroyd and Ted Hughes
Getting Here panel
- Train services to Hebden
- Satnav: the postcode for Hebden Bridge is HX7. Map and list of all car parks and charges
- Buses: journey planner; real-time bus information is here. Timetables for network of Hebden Bridge little buses: scroll down for routes 594-599 and 900.
Bicycle: journey planner for cycle routes - map of the Calder Valley Cycleway
- Walking: Hebden Bridge Walkers Action and some pictures from the Pennine Way. Hebden Bridge Loop on the Pennine Way
- Lots of cycling, walking and horse riding routes
- Canal Moorings
Staying Here panel
- Wide range of accommodation is advertised here or get help from the Visitors' Centre 01422 843831 email email@example.com
- Heptonstall Pace Eggs play
- Hebden Bridge Duck Race
- Piano Festival
- Burlesque Festival
- Hebden Bridge Folk Roots Festival
- Pennine Spring Music Festival
- Hebden Bridge brass band contest
- Hebden Bridge Arts Festival
- Handmade Parade
- Hebden Bridge Open Studios & Gardens
- Steam Punk Festival
- Vintage Car Rally
- Happy Valley Pride
- South Pennines Walk and Ride Festival
- CAMRA Beer & Cider Festival
- Ted Hughes Festival
Walkers & Cyclists are welcome panel
Cycling: you can read about England's longest continuous road climb (5½ miles) here, and there's a video here.
Walking: 16 walks around Hebden are fully illustrated here , and the path network further afield is here.
Eat well, drink well panel
- Listing of cafes and restaurants
Shop 'independently' panel
The best online list of shops appears to be here.