Tuesday, 14 July 2015
Hebden Bridge Arts Festival looks for new blood
As the dust settles on this year's Hebden Bridge Arts Festival, they've launched a search for a new Chair and additional Board members who can the help organisation continue to flourish..
After three successful years at the helm, Sara Robinson is stepping down and the Festival Board is now seeking a new Chair who can drive their artistic vision as it becomes a year round, community inspired operation.
Artistic Director Helen Meller said, "Sara has been a brilliant chair who used her extensive arts background to immerse our programme in the community we serve, but also found time to produce our hugely popular free Street Sundaes featuring the cream of Britain's street performers.
"Sara leaves the festival in very good shape on every level and we thank her for tireless work she put in over the last three years. Our ideal candidate would have experience of running an organisation, preferably with an arts remit, or heading up a business who can use that knowledge to help us reach out to more local companies."
The Chair's role is unpaid and the Festival is looking for someone who can devote at least 2 days a month to working with the Board to develop the programme for 2016.
'It's been a real pleasure working with Helen and one of the hardest working Boards I've ever come across," says Sara Robinson. "Our vision has been to make the Festival accessible to a broader range of people and I feel we've gone a long way to achieving that ambition.
"The Festival Chair is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the vision and dedication to help shape it in the coming years. I'm happy to talk informally with anyone who'd like to know more about what it entails.'
For an informal chat candidates can phone Helen Meller on 07977 223871 or Sara Robinson on 07974 253089. Applications including a short covering letter outlining what you would bring to being Chair - or becoming a board member - plus a CV can be sent to email@example.com by Friday 11th September with interviews being held on Thursday 17 September
Previously, the Festival on the HebWeb
- HebWeb News: Street Sundae Weekend 2 (7 July 2015)
- HebWeb News: Street Sundae Weekend 1 (22 June 2015)
- HebWeb News: Our hills are alive with the sound of nuns (14 June 2015)
- HebWeb News: The Rise and Fall of a Northern Star (9 June 2015)
- HebWeb News: Calling all Young Playwrights! (24 May 2015)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival backs After Alice (20 May 2015)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival programme launched (19 May 2015)
- HebWeb News: Festival jewellery and Festival hair (12 May 2015)
- HebWeb News: Arts Festival is looking for new volunteers! (12 May 2015)
- HebWeb News: I Am Kloot join Hebden Bridge Arts Festival bill (April 2015)
- HebWeb News: Got an idea? Hebden Bridge Arts Festival wants to help (30 March 2015)
- HebWeb News: Local street acts needed for Arts Festival (25 March 2015)
- HebWeb News: Young Producer Sam Bell visits Reuters (10 February 2015)
- HebWeb News: Hebden Shorts 2015: Open Gardens are back! (17 December 2014)
- HebWeb News: Hebden Shorts 2015: Get writing over Christmas (11 December 2014)
- HebWeb News: Exclusive first public showing of Arts Festival video (24 November 2014)
- HebWeb News: Young arts producers win national awards (20 November 2014)
- Arts Festival Website